Youth program offers weekly small size group tutoring for children from grade 1 to grade 6 in the St. Jamestown area. Our goal is to help school-aged children fill their learning gaps. Tutors will help them to develop their reading, writing, communication, mathematics and social skills. Children are also assisted to understand, identify and archive their learning habits and goals by various learning games and craft activities.
Youth program also provides opportunities for youth volunteers to develop their leadership skills, gain tutoring techniques, and build up their social networks.
The following activities are also conducted for the youth program:
• Reading circle
• Volunteer training
• Leadership skills training workshops
• Coping with conflicts workshop
• Improve public speech skills
• Story telling (generation gap, culture & history learning)
• Computer skills sharing
• Arts group and workshops
• Environment issues awareness
• Field trips
• Special events celebrations